Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Food storage

Maybe I am freaking out a little too much about this but it REALLY got me frustrated. We were having a team huddle with about 8 of my coworkers. Only myself and another boy are LDS. He started talking about his night last night and how his wife had some people come over and do a presentation for him. It was the presentation about The Home Store. I don't know if any of you have seen it but its really cool. Its freeze dried food that stores for 20 years and you only have to add water. The meals are delicious and still have all their nutritional value. So he was telling everyone how cool it was and then started saying his church advises to have a year storage incase anything happens. I couldn't believe the results we got from the other members of our team. "That's disgusting to store food for 25 years" "Why would you eat something like that" "There is no reason to store food" " I would rather eat tree bark" I just thought "ARE YOU PEOPLE KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? Why wouldn't you want to be prepared incase you lose your job, or incase truckers go on strike. We are SO blessed to be thought this concept so we realize the importance of it. Even if we don't store as much as we should at least we are trying and have SOMETHING. I think a hard challenge for me will be if something does happen and these people come knocking on my door asking me for something to eat. Knowing that we have warned them that this may happen, and they did nothing, and having to share with them. I can't worry about that right now I guess. I will just need to work on my storage.

No comments: