What an interesting night! A group of us decided to go out to Oracle to go through the Peppersauce/mud caves. Good idea right? We thought we would have a little good, CLEAN fun. Well it turned out being quite the adventure, but a fun one! We parked at where we "thought" we were supposed to and where the caves where. We started walking, and walking, and walking. After about 3/4 of a mile someone says, I have been here before and we didn't walk this far. GREAT. Kruz and Josh run back to get the truck. At somepoint Casey had wandered off and we didn't know where he was. GREAT. We all loaded up in the truck and headed further up the road. The girls say ummm...Shouldn't we look for Casey? The boys say... .NAH I am sure he is there by now. He knows what he is doing. So after we had gone another half mile up the road we said, So you boys think casey came this far up and let us all go in the wrong direction? No, so Zach hopped out of the truck and ran back to find him.GREAT. Why didn't we all go back to find him we? Now there are 2 of them out there. They ended up meeting us at the cave so no big deal but as girls, we naturally worried. Inside the caves was LOTS of fun. It was Damp and dark. Lots of mud and dirt. There were plenty of small spaces to crawl through. The hard thing about caves is you have to watch your footing because it is so unstable, but at the same time you have to watch your head because rocks pop out of nowhere! So exciting. I banged my knee on something and tried to take out a wall with my shoulder. It was all worth it though. The coolest part was when there was a rope that you had to use to drop down about 10 feet. The walls and floor were covered in mud so it made everything slippery. I don't know how I got back up but it was a thrill. I wish I could have got a picture of this but my hands were too muddy to get my camera out. In another hole was a ladder that was bolted into the wall. It went down about 12 steps and there was a huge pool of water at the bottom. Really cool. In one of the caverns we stopped to rest. We turned off all the lights and took advantage of the acoustics in the room. Julie has such a beautiful voice. I would like to speak to the talent department because I am ticked that I didn't get her talent. Its amazing how a song can bring the spirit into a wet, damp, dark cave. On the way out of the cave we got lost! There were arrows pointing in which direction to go but there were so many ways to go and arrows going everywhere. We were going around in circle for a bit. We stopped and said a prayer and somehow found our way out. It was well after midnight! We walked back to the car and changed clothes. I brought a bunch of extra shorts and T-shirts just incase someone didn't think about that. Luckily I did because noone but Jakeb thought to bring anything. It was weird seeing all these girls, and boys walking around in my clothes. lol. We were supposed to be home at 11 but didn't get home till after 3. GREAT. It was worth it though! :) Here are some pics from the trip.

Josh and his KILLER socks.

Everyone preparing to take off walking in the WRONG direction.

Our version of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

This is just amazing! How did she do that face?!?!

We played a faces game on our way up the mountain. GREAT

Mary Ellen, Mern, and Julie excited for the adventure.

Just climbing along.

The ladder that went down to the pool.

This is how Julie and I roll. LOL.

This part was hard! It was very narrow and the floor slopped down and was covered in mud.

This was me first entering the cave.
We finally got out! It was great to have some fresh air.

2 comments:
I can't believe you guys went at night!! No wonder you got lost. I'm sad I missed it though. We'll have to go down on a Saturday sometime.
Meagan, Its ALWAYS dark in a cave. It doesn't matter if you go in the day or night. :) hahahahaha
I am all for going with ya on a Satuday!
Post a Comment