Thursday, July 30, 2009

We had a great weekend! There was much family and food and fun! We attended the W.B. Eagar family reunion. It started out with a cook out at Pinky Turley's house. The next day we hung out at the park all day starting with breakfast, family meeting, and an auction. Later that night we all got together for dinner and a talent show. It was fun to see everyone that we haven't seen in years. The next day, Sunday we had Prestons Farewell.
It was fun to have the Ricks' with us! They are great about coming to all the family get togethers!!

I am going to miss this guy so much! He has been such an examply to me in my life, even though he is the younger brother!! Its hard to think of him as being so grown up. I once introduced him to a lady friend of mine as my little brother. He pulled me aside and said, mern, you can just call me your brother. I am older now and I am not so little. haha. He is off to serve in the Birmingham Alabama Mission. He is going to come back a fattie I think. If I miss him too much I just may have to fly down south to say hello and get some chicken.

Grandma and Grandpa Jensen made the trek down from Idaho with the Ricks'. They are so sweet and adorable! Best grandparents anyone could ask for.

We went up Big Lake road a bit to go shooting. Being up there brought back some memories in high school where we were shooting off a fire extinguisher.... Good times.

Saturday we all went out shooting. Tyson just bought a new gun and wanted to try it out. here is Lindsey shooting Dads Glock. I think its a 45. ( I don't know gun talk)

Sara and Dad's Shotgun! Whoa woman! Note to self, never make Sara mad when there is a gun around....
(She wouldn't hurt a flee.)
My adorable sister in Laws! I am so thankful they made their way into our family!!
Put on your mean face kim!! :)
I didn't hit a one clay pigeon. They are just to fast for me. It was fun anyway.

Elly and I rode the 4-wheeler home and got caught in a downpour!! The rain, which I normally love, Turned into bullets! It hurt so bad. That night I ran into a family friend and he said, Um was that you riding the 4-wheeler in the storm? You were laughing hysterically and whoever was behing you looked terrified. LOL.
I had to laugh or I would cry.

The bro (not little bro) Dallin. Thanks for letting me ride the 4-wheeler home in the rain. I think he knew it was going to rain and thats why he let us take it. sneaky little...

ummm.... Yeah. Sometimes the family meetings aren't that interesting so we need to make our own fun....

I LOVE Aunt Winnie. She is the sweetest spirit! I think she was quite the spunky little missy in her day. She confided in me that sometimes she sneaks off on her own to visit Uncle Leon. Leon is her husband that is in a home about an hour away. She isn't allowed to go by herself, but she does!! That would be so hard to have the love of your life so close but then again so far.

Me and Miss Chloe. She is as cute as a button.
Chilling at the park during the reunion. Aunt Bev was great about figuring out how all my dads family fit together. Gram and Gramps know a ton of that side of the family already.

Like I said, It was a great weekend. Eagar is such a beautiful place and I would love to move back there one day to raise a family. There is just something about a small town that you don't get here in the valley. I don't need all the shopping malls and great restaurants.

1 comment:

grandmadebbie said...

Thanks so much for all the great pictures! I love your family so much!!!Each one of you have a special place in my heart and what wonderful memories I have. I will never forget them. I can't believe Preston is leaving so soon and no longer that little brother. Love you..