Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home


Home. I spent my entire life growing up in the white mountains. I left just weeks after my 18th birthday to go to college. That time of my life was so much fun, but I always enjoyed going home to visit. Weekend trips home. Home for the holidays. Home for the summer. It was home. The treehouse, and paris flats were just houses I was staying in. Run down and shabby college housing stuffed full with 6 college girls.  

This past weekend I went to my parents house, and then traveled home after the weekend. To my home. I always wondered when the switch would happen. When my current residence would become home and take the place of my childhood memories.  When I bought my house in Mesa I wasn’t expecting it to become home. I thought of it as another house I was living in with roommates. It wasn't even a conscience decision.I wasn't looking for it to happen, it just happened. My house has become my home. 

No comments: