
I love spring time. We don't really get one here in Mesa because there are flowers all year long. We don't get that anticipation of watching the snow melt and the earth soften to allow the little splotches of green to come up. It is nice to have flowers all year long though. I have a favorite flower! Yep! The snapdragon!! I love it! The temple always has beautiful snapdragons. I think my love came from when I was a kid. I remember in our front yard at home we would have many different colored snap dragons! I would always pick one before I walked down to the bus stop to play with while I waited. Still to this day I can't resist picking one off the long line of them and pinching the sides to make it say something funny. Maybe it was because I am the middle child and had noone to talk to or maybe it was because I didn't have any friends growing up that I had to make the snapdragons be my friend. They only stuck around for a little bit. In the end I would always squeeze it a few too many times or to rough just once and the head would tear into 2 pieces. That was the end of our friendship.

No comments:
Post a Comment