Monday, September 21, 2009

The village.

Tonight the fun ends and we are on our way home. Our plane leaves at midnight. That will be nice so that I can sleep the whole way. We will get to New York around 5 am EST and we will be there for 10 hours. Then another 5 hours on to Phoenix! WE are going to try our luck at going out and about in New York. We have never been so I hope we don't get terrible lost. I would love to see central park. I am excited to go home! I miss my friends and family, my bed, My truck, my schedule, all that good stuff. Our trip has been a blast though! I would love to come and visit again. Being here has really given me the itch to travel. Maybe Australia next year. Who wants to come?
Yesterday we went to the village. It was a short 2 hour drive just outside of Cairo. This is where Adel grew up. Because it is called a village I pictured a small rural village. It was just like the city though. I read somewhere that it isn't the amount of people or size of a place that determines if its a city here. Its based on government. So you could have a big place that they call a village because it doesn't house any goverment facilities? Thats the way I understood it.

This is on top of the house the Ali's have in the village.

They have a farm where they grow lots of things. All I saw was corn and oranges.

Joseph followed us out to the farm area on his donkey. We looked behind us and there he was just riding behind us. Seriously, I fell in love! He was so adorable and had the BEST smile. He let us take turns riding the donkey. Most of the pictures are on my mom's camera and she doesn't have her chord to download them. Uncle Adel said I could invite him to come to America and be financially responsible for him. hmmm....


Mary (Ann), Joseph, and the donkey.
This makes me laugh.
Now I just need to be 9 months pregnant.

We went to another house full of relatives and they had a barn up on the top floor. They had a room full of bread, one full of corn and a few rooms with chickens and goats.

All the little kids had guns. They were pointing them at each other. It was such a shock to see because we were ALWAYS taught to never ever ever point a gun at somebody. Even if it was a toy gun. The little girl in the blue shirt had the goat cornered and said... I LOVE YOU. It was so cute.

Mom and the goats.

The chickens.

The rooftops.
We had a wonderful time in the village and we were glad Uncle Adel said we could go. While we were there we ate this WONDERFUL bread thing. It was 100% buttery and flakey and we dipped it in Feta cheese and molasses. OMG. It was fantastic. Cheese, bread, butter, molasses doesn't get any better.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Um, I LOVED your Mary, Joseph and the Donkey picture. Probably my favorite so far. You should frame it and put it up every Christmas.