Thursday, April 15, 2010

DON'T judge me.

There is something I struggle with, and I think I may not be alone in my struggle....
I work hard, I play hard, I am just 1 person, I don't have endless funds, I care what I put in my body.
SO WHAT AM I TO DO?
It is a constant struggle to find time to go grocery shopping, to find things to cook that I want to eat that don't prepare MASS FAMILY SIZE amounts that will cause me to be eating them for the rest of the week. If I make something like this, such as funeral potatoes, I have to eat them everyday, but I know that IT'S NOT GOOD to eat potatoes EVERYDAY. So I don't make them, but I want them. I could make dinner and share with my roommates everynight but that gets expensive. We could take turns cooking different nights but that is hard to schedule, we have tried.
So what did I do for breakfast today? KRAFT SINGLES EASY MAC. I am not joking when I say that I was ASHAMED as I was walking to the break room to cook it. I didn't want anyone to see me eat that because I know that it is not what my body needs and there is NO EXCUSE to be eating that. But I made an excuse, I didn't want to spend $4 on breakfast because I didn't prepare one for myself before I came to work. So eat healthy and break the bank on boiled eggs that cost $4 or stick with Easy mac one day? I guess that's where I need to sit down and take it 1 more level. What is more important to me. Saving $4, or refraining from eating plastic, (good tasting plastic) ???
I know this is just life and another element in it, another ball that is being juggled in the air. I will just take it day by day. Last night I made vegetarian chili. It's delicious! This is something that I don't mind eating everyday because its only 80 calories per serving! I will take 4 please!! :)
This probably doesn't make sense, but maybe someone out there can relate??

2 comments:

Jana said...

You're talking to a gal who has actually had saltines dipped in frosting for dinner. It's super hard for me to just cook for one. It's easier to make a pb & j sandwich or cereal. I haven't used my crockpot in a long time... and we were friends. Anyway, I just wanted you to know it's ok & I WON'T JUDGE YOU! :)

The Van Fam said...

Why don't you portion and freeze. Make the regular size meal and portion it out into freezable containers. Then just cook that portion size for you.