Thursday, October 1, 2009

I wanted to fall in love


Fruit. I like fruit. I don't know anything about some fruits. pears for example. The only pears I have ever eaten are the ones that fell of the tree in my grandma's backyard. Those were delicious, if you could find one that wasn't bruised or had too many worm holes. Last night as I was at the farmers market, I noticed there were multiple different kinds of pears. There are many different kinds of apples but I think apples are more common so we aren't scared of them. I decided to do a pear test. I want to know what pears I like and which kind are best. This would also give me different fruit eating options. So I bought 3 different kinds of pears. After doing my test this morning I decided....Drum roll please....... I DON'T LIKE PEARS! I could not fall in love with them as planned. Not fresh ones. My grandmothers dehydrated tango pears are a different story! Remember those orange things that tasted SO GREAT? If anyone knows how to make them please let me know! I will go out and buy a dehydrator right now and go to town on those pears.



My next interest, fava beans? what the heck is that thing? It looks like its from the set of Honey I blew up the kids and someone had a sugar snap pea in their pocket.

ALSO... at some point last night I got that feeling of excitement way need in your tummy that makes your heart flutter a little bit because its almost time to carve pumpkins! Another reason I love fall.

No comments: