Last night as I was decorating my front yard with Halloween decor I MET MY NEIGHBORS. If you have ever been to my house you know the ones. Their garage is always open. The door is open with just their screen door doing its best to hold in all their noise. I don't think the man has a job. He is always home yelling at his kids. I don't think its yelling though, I think he just talks to them REALLY LOUD. His name is Dave and his wifes name is Karen. They have 3 girls (ages 8, 14, 16) and a dog named Pete. Here is how it happened. I am on a kitchen chair stretching above me to try and hang some cob webs from the archway. All of a sudden I hear his thundering voice,
No you can't do that! What are you doing that for?!
I immediatly drop my hands and say in my timid voice, Um, excuse me? Thinking to myself, crap is he part of the HOA? Am I in trouble? I haven't seen cobwebs on other houses, maybe this is against the rules. OH NO! Why am I such a yuppie?
He walks over, with pete and the 8 year old trailing behind him, and say's well now you have done it. You have made your yard look better than ours. Now we have to put out our decorations and they aren't as good as yours. You are making us look bad. Its bad enough that the first house in the complex has an entire haunted house going on.
Oh, sorry I say. I guess you better get out your decorations huh. It will be fun if we are both all decked out.
yeah we will have to do that. But don't worry, we will beat you at Christmas we go all out. He says.
I just smile because he has no idea who he is dealing with AND that I have connections with Arizona Holiday Decorators ...... Here is a plug for them... They do FANTASTIC christmas lights. give em a call for a quote.... 480.278.3648.
We then have a conversation about all the different neighbors and such. He askes, Are we too loud with our TV on and our door open? We have all our family stuff going on and sometimes in can get a little loud.
How do you say YES, YES YOU ARE.
4 comments:
Oh yes, I know who you are talking about! :) You better get your Christmas decor. ready!
he really does have no idea who he is dealing with! :) go get 'em maryann!
We're talking about the queen of decor. Everyone that walks into our house thinks that fall has exploded inside......in a good way. :)
Hey cuz, how are you doing?!
Not that I don't believe you, but I'm going to want to see photographic proof that you come out on top in this friendly neighbor rivalry!
Post a Comment