Monday
Oil change
taxes
groceries
getting ready for bridal shower
painting
Kristens dads help. door handles
spray painting
home depot x2
jetski
Monday was a full day but at the end I felt so accomplished! I love being busy! Once upon a time in my life my wonderful Aunt Dorie let me live with her till I got on my feet in Provo. She was always rushing here and there and doing things and I would say, "Aunt Dorie! You need to learn to relax. chill. be lazy with me." She would just laugh and say, "oh, but there is so much to do!" NOW I UNDERSTAND. Is it that there is so much to do, or that it is the Haws way? We were taught to work hard. Get things done. Don't waste the day away. Work hard at something you love. *Now that was a hard lesson to learn. I think my dad loved to garden. So he would work hard at that, and teach us to work hard at something HE loved.* but now I am able to work hard at things that I love. :)
My roommate Kristen had her parents in town this week. I was really excited to meet them! They are fantastic! They have a lot of the same mannerisms as my Grandma and Grandpa Jensen so it was so comfortable having them in my home. Pops got right to work fixing holes in the wall, pulling weeds, checking out the sinks, installing door handles and hanging mirrors on the wall. He just loved to stay busy. Then when all the work was done he would relax on the couch and do genealogy. We would get a chuckle out of him every now and then. Sweet guy. Her mom is great! She loves to be involved with everything. Asking questions about this boy or that. Wondering how we know so and so or whats going on with our ward. She was so cute and helped me with decorating for the bridal shower I have going on tomorrow. It was fun to have 2 extra roomies for the week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment