Okay. So names have been changed to protect the NOT SO INNOCENT!!! There is this boy that I happen to like. Whenever I get around him I act all goofy and don't talk much and I feel like a basket case. Not because I am scared of what he will think of me, I just don't know what to do. I am immobile. I try to think of something to say to him and NOTHING comes out. This is unusual for me. I can usual keep it together. So I KNOW he must thing of me as some weirdo that takes a couch camping and doesn't talk much. See how little he knows??
So this boy texts me... I was excited...Till I read it.....
BOY: Random question for ya, does your roommate **** like sports? Is she dating anyone?
(Pause)
Okay, Why is he asking about my roommate? I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE ME TO GET TO MY ROOMMATES. If there is anything that can make me feel worthless and not pretty or worth anything it is this. Plus I liked him so that HURRRRT. Roommate and I think, well if he is going to be rude and ask about your roommate, LETS ASK ABOUT HIS!! We thought it would be cheecky.
Me: She doesn't really date, But you can try. While we are on the topic of roommates, is your roommate Brian single?
(Pause) Funny right? we will show him.
BOY: Yes, I was actually asking for him.
(Pause) oh crap. I THINK that just backfired, like really really bad. He wasn't asking out my roommate and now he thinks I LIKE his roommate... If I have the slightest chance of impressing him I JUST lost it.
Me: Gee, I really have no idea where this is going.
(Pause) Speechless.
BOY: Can I have Tori's number?
Me: Yeah But she only likes friend dates, so keep it casual
(pause) I thought I would give him a friendly tip to help him out. Could this redeem myself? Just a little? Kill em with kindness?
BOY: He plans on it, Thanks
Me: Your welcome
(pause) and THATS why I had a love it size waffle cone at coldstone for lunch. You know what... It actually made me feel better. Let him think I like his roommte, I don't care. Maybe I do like his roommate just a little bit more than I like him.....
2 comments:
crap. I am laughing about this ... I have BEEN there and DONE the crappy texting conversations.
shoot. shoot. SHOOT!!!
ah ha ha ha ha. Sorry for your pain, but thanks for sharing so I could laugh!
Post a Comment