Monday, August 3, 2009

WEEKEND

What a great weekend that I had!! It was a blast though. It was nice to finally stay here in the valley and be with friends for the weekend. I planned a quick trip for friday night to head up to Payson and do a little dutch oven cooking. I was REALLY excited because my friend Charles was going to be able to come and we had talked about doing this activity together but due to unfortunate circumstances he wasn't able to make it. Bummer dude because he TOTALLY missed out. The weather was perfect and we had a good crowd turn out. It was nice to get out of the heat. We couldn't find the exact place that we wanted to go to we just found a spot to pull off to the side of the road. We were there about 20 minutes when a sherriff shows up. We started worrying, are we allowed to be here, are we allowed to have fires, we are so busted, yada yada yada. Well he walks up to us and awkwardly looks at our fire and says, "we got a call that there was a HUGE fire off to the side of the road." I look at the fire and in my head think, dude. I could pee on this fire right now and it would extinguish it...and I haven't had a drink in 2 days. All of a sudden words came out of my mouth that I just couldn't stop because the situation was so funny. I say, "well was it a mouse that called you? Because that fire would be big to a mouse." I sweetly smile at him while my friends gawk in disbelief. Luckily the officer has a sense of humor because he only looks at me and says that no it wasn't a mouse. He askes how long we are staying, I invite him to have a hot dog, he says no and away he goes. Coolio.

I brought my couch! This is how many people you can fit on it.

My cobbler. For how good it was, I still couldn't finish it.

See those 2 boys in the back? The ones that look like the 2 guys from without a paddle that live in the middle of nowhere and harvest the marajuana crops... Yeah those are the guys. These are 2 boys that Jakeb went to high school with. He hasn't talked to them since high school but they saw on facebook that we were having cobbler and they asked if they could come along. I tried to put myself in their situation. Asking an old friend if you can come along. I would ONLY do that if I knew the person really well, or had the most outgoing personality so that I could make friends easily with those at the party. Well these boys didn't have one of those things going for them. They hung out in the back the entire time and didn't talk to anyone, and noone talked to them. At first I felt bad and tried to create some interaction with them but then realized it was no use. One of the boys picked up a rock and told me that was there defense against bears.
REALLY DUDE?
After we ate everyone was hanging around the fire chatting. I had my truck backed up to the fire so I put some tunes on. We all had a good time listening to NOW 5. It took us all back to the day and we were enjoying it. WELLLLLL I guess that these 2 boys weren't enjoying it. One of them got in their truck, backed it up to the fire, right next to mine, and put different music on LOUDER than mine. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Now I am one to appreciate the type of music they put on, I happen to like rock but the average LDS person does not. So everyone just looked around like ...what just happened? The dude gets out of his truck and hangs out on the tailgate. I had no choice to go turn my music off because it was overpowered by my name is earl.


Jeremy and I.

Everyone just chillin. Creepy dude still being creepy.

Jakeb is such a stud and cooked the cobbler for his first time. Charles was GOING to cook it but....

The ladies.

Joe and Jakeb.


Roasting the dogs. see how small the fire is! haha

I POKE YOU!!

This is the sunset we saw on our way there. I love Arizona!!

ROOMMATES!! First roadtrip ever with them. We missed sister...
Did a few other things this weekend... Bought a green notebook to carry with me and write my thoughts. Watched I LOVE YOU, BETH COOPER. It was a lame movie and I don't recommend it. Went to my new ward. Helped Julie pack.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

pretty sure I just peed my pants reading that! oh how much I love you and how funny you are :)