I have started this new obsession of cross-word puzzles in an attempt to expand my vocabulary. For the record it is NOT, I repeat not working. It has words such as linen, wishes, yells, sensible, and snaffle. Snaffle? there is one I don't know, lets look it up...
Noun
1.
snaffle - a simple jointed bit for a horse; without a curb
Thats the extent of it. Just for fun I looked up implore to ensure that I am using it correctly.
While completing one puzzle I was stumped for a good 5 minutes on 1 word and I was getting rather upset. I stopped, took a step back from the situation and pondered. The word was ROMANCE. Go figure that I couldn't find it.
Noun
1.
snaffle - a simple jointed bit for a horse; without a curb
Thats the extent of it. Just for fun I looked up implore to ensure that I am using it correctly.
While completing one puzzle I was stumped for a good 5 minutes on 1 word and I was getting rather upset. I stopped, took a step back from the situation and pondered. The word was ROMANCE. Go figure that I couldn't find it.
love.
1 comment:
You should try sudoku...it's the best! did you know Grandpa loved cross-word puzzles? He used to do one everyday in the newspaper.
Post a Comment